Friday, November 30, 2007

The Land of Ice and Snow's not Ukraine that the title speaks of. It's Omaha! Our flight is scheduled to take off out of here right in the middle of a raging ice storm. So, if it's too backed up I suppose we'll miss our connecting flight in Cincinnati. That, of course, causes us to miss our flight in New York to head to Kiev. Hmmm...

Worst case scenario has us leaving Monday morning and arriving in Ukraine Tuesday morning just in time for our Wednesday appointment at the State Department of Adoption! Best case scenario is the weather-guru's are wrong and we head out without a hitch tomorrow at 8:25 a.m. and arrive in Kiev Sunday morning at 10:10 a.m.

It's been a challenge to get to this point with lots of spiritual struggle, lots of paperwork, piles of cash, and now it's here. It will be nice to finally place a face with all the challenge to this point to see that it was all VERY worth it.

Here's some specific prayer requests:

* Please pray that we have a healthy referral on December 5th.
* Please pray that Yuri is our translator on our trip to the region where our little daughter is b/c he seems to understand Westerners and how we best cope.
* Please pray for Davi. She's developed a little cold and traveling when you're sick is never very cool!
* Please pray for our safety! We're carrying around ridiculous amounts of cash and it's a bit unsettling to say the least!
* Please pray for all of us while we're there that we stay physically healthy and can rest well. We want our minds to be sharp so we can make wise decisions.
* Pray that our 10-day waiting period could either be eliminated or shortened to allow us to be able to come home faster.
* Pray that our new little girl's passport waiting period would be expedited as well so we're able to get back home. Anyone who has been out-of-country understands what I'm asking here. Hey...we have 3 people's goods for a month packed into one big's a miracle!

We'll keep the blog posted as much as possible to keep everyone in-the-know as best we can. Thanks for charging to the front-lines and bringing these requests to God. We're excited to see how He moves and know that we'll be stretched in ways we never dreamed.

Next time we blog...Kiev! Or maybe here...if we get stuck in the ice!


Jason, Erica, and Ashton Reed said...

You definitely have our prayers - and those of our friends in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama! Just remember, as hard as it may be, just leave all your worries at the foot of the cross and DON'T turn around to retrieve them - things are completely out of your control now. I can't believe you packed 3 people's goods for 4 week in 1 suitcase - when you get back home, I need advice for when we return for our 2nd appt! God bless, Erica Reed

mark said...

All my best! There may be a few bumps in the road once you arrive, just be prepared to "go with the flow." It will all work out beautifully. If you get a chance to shower in an airport, its a wonderful thing, and cheap too! Exchange some of your cash immediatly so that you can tip or pay in their currency and you don't show the world piles of American dollars. Remember to keep hydrated, anything bottled, no ice anywhere-could make you very sick. I will pray for you on your remarkable journey. Love, Susan Neuverth

Baron Von DeWunt said...


We are praying.